Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Halloween Banner - Riley Blake Costume Clubhouse Fabric

After making the Delighted pennants, I felt more comfortable making these Halloween banners.


I used Riley Blake's adorable Costume Clubhouse cottons.

Instead of sewing them RST and then having to turn them inside out, I asked my dear husband to quilt the panels before I cut them out.

Then I used pinking shears to cut out the flags and decorative add-ons. 

I tacked on some of the extra cute circles that came with the panel.


Then I added pom poms, crocheted ribbon, and ric rac.


I think this looked better than sewing them right sides together or serging the edges.


I strung them together using narrow candy print that surrounded the flags on the panel.








My zipper foot came in handy to sew on these pom poms without crushing them!


Is it too early to hang them in my cubicle?


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I just found your blog through a google search for this lovely pennant panel. I have now ordered mine and I adore how you did this!!!
    Kallie
    www.aquiltingwewillgo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kallie. Riley Blake really make it cute with coordinating trims and badges, plus their how-to videos. I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

      Delete