Friday, March 23, 2012

Domestic Bliss Computer Table Runner Quilted Cathedral Window

I enjoyed making the doggie playmat so much, I decided to make another quilted cathedral window project using 1 layer cake of fabric.




The layer cake packages come with 42 precut 10" X 10" squares. The playmat I made earlier used 20 quilted circles with only 40 of the squares.



Instead of a 4 X 5 circle playmat, I wanted to see if I could make a longer, narrower table runner to fit my computer table. 3 circles X 7 would make 21 circles and use up all 42 squares.


It fits perfectly on my computer desk!


I really enjoy this pattern, because there is very little waste. I have a stack of remnants of 10" squares with giant circles cut out of them that will eventually make 4 HSTs for a future project!

That was so fun, now I'm going to make Dear Hubby one for his computer desk. What would you choose for more "manly" fabric?

No comments:

Post a Comment