Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Ever After - Princess Pack-N-Play

Sandra Workman of Pine Mountain Designs has created the most adorable fabric called Happy Ever After, from Riley Blake Designs. The coordinating solids and prints have a matching panel (in pink or blue colorways) with a flat princess doll and her clothes, plus instructions for making an adorable pocket pillow.

What really caught my eye was Sandra's pattern for the Princess Pack-N-Play. It's more complicated than the pillow and requires more fabric, but it's just so darn cute. (I don't even have children or go near kids, so you know it must be really cute!) I'm hoping this will make a nice gift for a friend's daughter.


I normally don't go anywhere near ruffles or ric-rac, but for this, I'd try anything.


It took awhile to round up some Peltex, Craft Fuse, fusible fleece, flannel, and matching fabric, but once I did it was game on. She gets tucked away in her royal bed and comes with her armoire full of goodies.


I rarely work with so much white and brights, so the biggest problem for me was removing all the dark lint in my sewing area! Jumbo lint roller to the rescue!

4 comments:

  1. Your pics online inspired me to make this too, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how exciting! Have you started making it yet?

      Delete
  2. Is there a PDF pattern? Because I want to make this right now! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is not a PDF. I ordered it online at the link above and received it quickly in the mail.

      Delete