Friday, January 27, 2012

City Tote Mistake ahem Opportunity For Improvement


 I dug in to my Far Far Away III stash again and wanted to make this City Tote from Keyka Lou Patterns. 



I thought I had double-checked and TRIPLE-checked my cutting, but sure enough, these poor little clothes on the line were cut hanging wrong side up! Bummer! Well, luckily, I found out before I began assembling, so I re-used these front pieces later to make a Business Card Wallet instead.


Here's the front of the tote, with little clothes hanging down properly, using the pink colorway instead of the green.



I used the child playing with horses for the inside fabric and interlined it with batting. Is this a boys or girls? I cannot tell. That's cool.


The important thing is that I had enough fabric to get the wee little owl flying with undies centered on the outside. Adorable!


I edge-stitched the top fronts of the bag. I should have edge-stitched the side pocket and inside pocket, too.



Can you tell I love my edge-stitch foot?


Here's the Business Card Wallet I made with green colorway that had been cut upside down for the tote:




I must have had a really bad day, because this poor little snap flap is not even centered. I didn't measure correctly. Oh, well. It does hold my important papers.


If I make the tote again, I will definitely use stiffer interfacing than just Pellon 911. Maybe 931 or 950.



Have you made these or similar items? What did you do?

4 comments:

  1. Adorable set! I've made a few bags, and a few wallets, but never matched them up! What a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent! Love that bag so soft and the colors you used in it. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosy. So far, it has not gotten as dirty as I would expect. It will be nice in the summer.

      Delete